Supporting and promoting tennis in the Ann Arbor area
ANN ARBOR AREA COMMUNITY TENNIS ASSOCIATION
Be an AAACTA-vist ...
AAACTA is recognized by the IRS as a nonprofit organization under 501(c)(3).
The Swing Into Tennis Tournament Series is a series of 16 tournaments held over 6 weekends from late May to mid-September in the greater Ann Arbor area, co-hosted by AAACTA and Ann Arbor Rec & Ed. The series provides an opportunity for intermediate-level kids to get an introduction to competitive play in a non-elimination format with the emphasis on fun and skill-building. There are different levels of play for different ages: Orange Ball (7-8 years), Green Ball (9-10 years), and Level 7 (11-18 years). Events will be held on public courts in the greater Ann Arbor area. Find dates here. Our goal is to make the Swing Into Tennis events affordable for all. To realize that goal, an angel donor has created and funded the Full Court Tennis Club. Members of the Club will get free entry into any of the tournaments in the series and a practice clinic prior to the tournaments. Please email AAACTA for more information on how you can become a member of the Full Court Tennis Club and play in the tournaments for free!
Please note: The location listed on the USTA website is subject to change. We will inform players of location changes.
- First and foremost, if you are not feeling well, please withdraw from the event. If you are a spectator and not feeling well, please stay home.
- Social distancing and face masks will be strongly encouraged.
- There will be no handshakes at the conclusion of matches, instead we will use the racket tap.
- These are outdoor tournaments, and there is not indoor backup.
- Please make sure your contact info is up to date when you register for the tournament as we will send email and/or text updates in the event of inclement weather.
- Unless you hear otherwise, please show up at your start time RAIN or SHINE. We will make every attempt to keep the tournament moving on schedule.